Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'm Here

I finally made it to the great state of Alabama. I don't have much time to write but i thought that I'd give everyone an update. I reported to meps on Monday morning at 0600 and was on a plane at 1500 (thats 300 p.m.). After a mechanical delay in Atlanta I arrived in Dothan around midnight. It was a long day. We drew linen and were shown to our temporary living quarters. The heat was stuck on. Someone was supposedly supposed to put in a work order to have it fixed before Christmas but never got around to it. My room was easily 90 degrees. I opened the window and slept with my head up to it. Luckily I was exhausted and it wasn't too hard to fall asleep.
This morning was a mess. They weren't prepared to have anyone check in and people are arriving from all over the country. Luckily I have talked to a bunch of the Officers here on the phone while doing the distance learning and they knew what was going on with me so I got in on everything first so they make sure that I get in a class on Monday.
Thats the short hand version of everything. Still running around like a chicken with my head cut off but it looks like I'll get into the class on monday if Brenna overnights a bunch of stuff to me.
Gotta go. I'll keep everyone posted.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Wow this all sounds CRAZY but also like an adventure. For sure keep us updated. You will be in our thoughts and prayers as you and Brenna go through this adventure and transition!
Love,
Gwen